Participating in Advanced Engineering Laboratories
In addition to classroom instruction, undergraduate students are encouraged to be part of the research laboratories, and gain experience under the guidance of faculty members. Our outstanding faculty and research laboratories provide great opportunities to students to explore cutting-edge engineering research topics. This is also an excellent chance for students to meet other researchers, alumni, and industry professionals.
Koc University provides Summer Undergraduate Research In Engineering
This programs provides opportunities to undergrad students from different universities to improve their research skills. Th students gain experience in research labs at Engineering Research labs, and allows them to plan for graduate study. More information on Summer Undergraduate Research program can be found at:
KUSRP Summer Research Program for Undergraduates VPRD
KUSRP Summer Research Program for Undergraduates OIP
MEMS (Optical Microsystems) Erman Timurdoğan worked as an undergraduate student in MEMS Optical Microsystems Laboratory. under the guidance of Prof. Hakan Ürey. Erman is a co-owner of a patent resulted from work conducted in the laboratory. Erman continues his PhD studies in MIT. Patent: United States Patent, 9,267,923 , Hakan Urey, Erdem Alaca, Erman Timurdogan, “Miniaturized integrated micro electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) optical sensor array,” Feb. 23, 2016. Osman Eldes, another undergraduate study who worked in the same lab, has applied to a patent for one of his invention: https://www.google.com/patents/EP3036902A1?cl=it.
Doğan Gidon, Gözde S. Demirer, Burcu Ketsutlu,and İpek Ergenç worked in the BIOMICELL laboratory under the guidance of Prof/ Seda Kızılel. They were co-authors in many articles:
- Dogan Gidon, Derya Aydin, Seda Kizilel, Photocrosslinking of Styrene-Butadiene-Styrene (SBS) Networks formed by Thiol-Ene Reactions and Their Influence on Cell Survival, Biomedical Materials, October 2015
- Gozde S Demirer, Aysu Cokur, Seda Kizilel, Biologically Inspired Design of Biocompatible Iron Oxide Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, July 2015.
- Ozlem Cevik, Dogan Gidon, Seda Kizilel, Visible-Light-Induced Synthesis of pH Responsive Hydrogel Composite for Controlled Delivery of an Anticonvulsant Drug Pregabalin, Acta Biomaterialia, January 2015.
- Caner Nazli, Gozde S Demirer, Y Yar, H. Yagci Acar, Seda Kizilel, Targeted Delivery of Doxorubicin into Tumor Cells via MMP-sensitive PEG Hydrogel Coated Magnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles (MIONPs), Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2014.
- Tugba Bal, Burcu Kepsutlu, Seda Kizilel, Characterization of Protein Release through PEG Hydrogels with Crosslink Density Gradients, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, March 2013.
- Caner Nazli, T. Ipek Ergenc, Yasemin Yar, Funda Yagci Acar, Seda Kizilel* “RGDS Functionalized Poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) Hydrogel Coated Magnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles Enhance Specific Intracellular Uptake by HeLa Cells” International Journal of Nanomedicine, 7:1903-1920, 2012.
- Natalia Marek, Adam Krzystyniak, T. Ipek Ergenc, Olivia Cochet, Ryosuke Misawa, Ling-Jia Wang, Seda Kizilel, Piotr Trzonkowski, Michael Millis, Piotr Witkowski, Coating of Human Pancreatic Islets with CD4+CD25highCD127-T Regulatory Cells-a Novel Immunosuppressive Approach” Annals of Surgery, Volume 254, Number 3, September 2011