During the relevant summer period, from the end of Spring Term classes until the start of Fall Term classes, your insurance for both compulsory and voluntary internships is covered by the university. It is sufficient to fill out the Summer Practice Information Form available on your Summer Practice page, indicating that your insurance will be covered by the university.

Fill out the online Summer Practice Information Form one week before the start of the internship.

If your insurance is going to be covered by the university, you can get your SSI Employment Start Declaration via e-government with the following steps:

Obtaining a Start of Employment Declaration Document

  • Log in to the e-Government system using your username and password. In the search bar type 4A Employment Entry and Exit Declaration. Click on the create document for employment entry button.on via e-government with the following steps.

Download the file in PDF format and print it out.

If your company would like to receive a state subsidy in exchange for the stipend that they pay you, they can fill out the form. If they do not have this request, the form is not mandatory.

Regarding your compulsory internship, we can provide the Compulsory Summer Practice Letter that the company is requesting from you. To obtain this document, you need to access it from the Summer Practice section on your department’s website and then send it to us via CE Track-it.

After completing the 20 workdays between the end of the Spring term and the start of the Fall term, your insurance will continue to be covered by the university. You will need to update the dates on the Summer Internship Information Form accordingly.

Your summer school courses should not overlap with your internship; otherwise, you cannot count it as a compulsory internship.

After the end of the Spring semester courses and before the start of the Fall semester courses, you should complete your compulsory internship as 20 consecutive business days, excluding official holidays. If there are official holidays during your internship period, you must extend your internship by the number of days equivalent to those holidays.

Note: If you will be taking summer school courses, in that case, after your summer school courses end and before the start of the Fall semester courses, you should complete your compulsory internship for 20 consecutive business days.

During the semester or within the same summer term, it is possible for students to do two internships consecutively, provided that they are in their graduation status and the internships are in different departments, even if they are at the same company. This must be approved by the Internship Coordinator. Additionally, students planning to do internships during the semester must be in their graduation status and have only one course remaining apart from the 491 course. You should follow the procedure on the website for internships during the semester. If you inform us by filling out the Summer Practice information form, we will notify Human Resourses Department to arrange your insurance.

No, firstly you must complete the pre-requisites of the internship course.

No, signature is not required for the Summer Practice Report.

Yes, it is sufficient. If wet signature cannot be obtained, an electronic signature will also be accepted. Each page of the Daily Report must be signed.

If students are pursuing a double major in two engineering disciplines, they must complete at least one internship in each major (for example, CHBI 291 and MECH 391). However, if one of the majors is non-engineering (for example, MBGE, ECON), the students must complete both 291 and 391 for her/his engineering (double)major.